Operations & Project Assistant
Position: Operations & Project Assistant
Type: Full time/work-from-home position (in-person work to be assessed around 3rd quarter of 2021). 30-40 hours/week
Starting Wage: $16-19/hour, DOE
About the Company
VISIONALITY partners with organizations to transform VISION into REALITY – we are in the business of changing the way organizations succeed by partnering with them to develop and execute high impact fundraising, marketing and communications, and event design programs. Some of our clients include the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Community Action of Ventura County, the Santa Barbara Foundation and California Mental Health Advocates for Children and Youth. We are innovative, resourceful, and enthusiastic about our work but are also firm believers in a healthy work/life balance.
VISIONALITY has been honored to receive the Pacific Coast Business Times’ ‘Best Places to Work’ award in 2018 & 2019.
About the Opportunity
As an Operations and Project Assistant, you are a level-headed, highly organized self-starter with strong communication and critical thinking skills. You are the kind of person who not only sees the 30,000 foot picture of your team’s goals, but see how you can make your team run more effectively through your small and large contributions. You will work both independently and collaboratively as a core member of the VISIONALITY team to support our Project Managers, Senior Project Manager, and CEO. This position will report to the Senior Project Manager.
While our Operations and Project Assistants are the “Swiss Army Knife” position of our team, main task categories include:
- Support VISIONALITY’s Internal Company Work: you are the one that helps our company succeed through detailed contact management and data entry; research/troubleshoot computer software issues; accounting (including billing, receipt management, etc.); scheduling meetings; research for clients and staff; client outreach projects including: overseeing the design & mailing for 5-7 holiday cards annually, birthday cards, thank you cards; assist with HR, payroll & insurance tasks
- Support Project Managers on Client Work: you are willing to hop in and help with anything from data management, newsletters, mail merges and mailing projects; draft and proofread e-newsletters, website, social media, press releases, grants, sponsorship materials; event (digital and in-person) support
- Smart, strategic, and positive; you love solving problems and making it easier for others to succeed
- Detail-oriented, find pleasure in finding the needle in the haystack; accurate, structured; love lists (especially crossing off tasks!) and spreadsheets; enjoy keeping others organized as well
- Understand and respect the nature of highly confidential work
- An excellent and engaging communicator (written and oral); completely comfortable communicating on the phone; have an eye for editing and proofreading
- Incredibly flexible; you enjoy assessing and handling multiple, constantly-changing priorities and projects, but also are comfortable asking for help when stuck
- An independent self-starter; you embrace the solitary nature of working virtually from home
- Eager to take a task and run with it in a thoughtful manner; can't resist taking ownership of your work, no matter what the task is
- Love collaborating with a team; you are extremely confident and comfortable voicing opinions and proposing ideas, even when your opinions differ from team members in more senior positions
- Undaunted by the fact that you may not fill EVERY requirement in this job description because you’re confident that you can prove your ability to acquire these skills and are eager to do so
- Committed to maintaining a healthy work/life balance in your life by acquiring a position that is challenging, fulfilling AND flexible
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 3+ years relevant experience; experience working with nonprofit and mission-driven organizations a bonus
- Must be able to work from home with own computer and own internet connection
- Reliable transportation for meetings and events; you must live within a commutable distance to Ventura County and be prepared to attend an average of three to four in-person commitments each week when in-person work resumes (possibly as early as third quarter of 2021)
- Tech-savvy, strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (formatting, mail merge, spreadsheets, etc.), bonus points for knowledge in project management software, social media scheduling programs, or donor database software
- Bilingual Spanish skills a bonus, though not required
Visit our online application:
- Complete our questionnaire (it's thorough, so be prepared to spend time on it)
- Submit your resume
- Submit a cover letter
- Submit 1-3 work samples
- Applications will NOT be considered if they do not have all components above or if they are submitted directly via email.
- Please be prepared to complete the application in one sitting. Our form does NOT allow you to save your progress or return at a later time.
- Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
- Ideal work samples will demonstrate your writing, communication, formatting, technical and/or design skills, and can be in any format you choose. We appreciate the following: exemplary email correspondence, spreadsheets, websites, blogs, academic papers, newsletters, and much, much more.
This position requires the employee to remain in a stationary position for up to 8 hours a day. The employee must operate a computer and other office equipment. In addition to the sedentary requirements of the position, the employee will also attend meetings, set up for events and run errands that will require the employee to drive, as well as lift and carry objects weighing up to 45 pounds.
Contact: Operations Manager Llewellyn Somers, Llewellyn@VISIONALITYpartners.com
VISIONALITY Non-Discrimination Statement
VISIONALITY is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, or economic status.
VISIONALITY strives to build an inclusive team in which individuals are comfortable bringing their full selves to the workplace.
VISIONALITY believes that a team made up of diverse experiences, perspectives, and cultures is best equipped to build trust and communication with our clients – and in doing so, help them achieve their missions and make this world a better place.
#1 Best Place to Work | 2018 & 2019
Pacific Coast Business Times